WE ARE ON A MISSION!
MOTIVATE – ADVOCATE – COLLABORATE – EDUCATE – DONATE
WHERE IS THE SUNSHINE?, INC. is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization whose mission is to create synergy between local and national programs, professional and grassroots organizations, mental health professionals and volunteers, and individuals with the goal of EARLY INTERVENTION and PEER SUPPORT for mental health.
We aim to educate, motivate, show love, give hope, and inspire recovery in a way that reflects positive support, optimism and knowledge. Our belief is that early intervention and peer support are key to preventing advanced mental illness and mental health crisis.
WHERE IS THE SUNSHINE?, INC. was founded on the following principles:
- Mental Illness is treatable
- Individuals with Mental Illness are no different than any one else
- No one should ever feel they are alone
- No one should ever feel ashamed that they are not well
- Help and support are and should always be available
- No one should ever be discriminated against because they are unwell
- We accept all, love all, support all regardless of religion, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation or diagnosis
WHERE IS THE SUNSHINE?, INC. utilizes a 5 step approach to accomplish our mission:
- MOTIVATE – We aim to inspire individuals and organizations to support those with mental illness through positive reinforcement and the belief that recovery is possible.
- ADVOCATE – We believe in advocating for organizations, individuals, and those who cannot advocate for themselves by sharing information about mental health with our local and national legislators. We actively lobby our leaders to support mental health legislation in conjunction with such organizations as the National Council for Behavioral Health and Mental Health America.
- COLLABORATE – We actively work with local and national organizations to create experiences, programs, and awareness of mental health disorders and anti-stigma conversation, while unifying our community.
- EDUCATE – We provide workshops, speeches, programs, and resources for individuals and their families, community members and organizations to help further understand the struggles of mental illness. We also have several works nationally published.
- DONATE – Quality programming needs support. This is where YOU come in. Your financial support greatly helps improve mental health through early intervention, education and more. You support is 100% Tax-Deductible.