For some, part of their mental health care regimen means the need for medications. The advice we always give for medications is….
- Take your medications as prescribed
- Be OPEN and HONEST with your doctor
- If something isn’t working for you, makes you feel worse, or at risk for self-harm, DO NOT STOP TAKING IT. Call your physician first.
- You may go through months of medication trials before you find the right prescription, dosage and or combination of medications that will help you
- Medication is not a cure all, it’s only one component. Nutrition, exercise, sleep, self-care, therapy and other forms of treatment may need to be used in conjunction with meds.
- Be patient, patient! It takes time. There can be side effects.
- Everyone responds differently to medication. What works for Bob, may not work for Bill.