Guest Speaking and Peer Services
LOOKING FOR A GUEST SPEAKER? WE TAILOR OUR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS TO YOUR ORGANIZATION. PLEASE EMAIL CONTACT@WHEREISTHESUNSHINE.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Booking for a Jewish organization, JCCs Jewish Federation, synagogue and more?
Please visit Jeanine’s official representation at: http://www.JewishSpeakersBureau.com
*Speaker fees are payable to our private corporate entity, “SOUND OF SUNSHINE”
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND APPEARANCES INCLUDE:
- TEDx JACKSONVILLE 2016 PRESENTER (FLORIDA THEATRE)
- THE CHAT
- RIVER CITY LIVE
- FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES RECOVERY ORIENTED SYSTEMS OF CARE (ROSC) SUMMIT
- DUVAL COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH CONFERENCE
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA – ACTIVE MINDS
- BANK OF AMERICA
- JAX BY JAX LITERARY ARTS FESTIVAL
- JACKSONVILLE YOUNG DEMOCRATS
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES
- SWISHER INTERNATIONAL
- BOLLES MIDDLE SCHOOL (ENDING THE SILENCE)
- NAMI FAMILY-TO-FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP
- GENERATION WOW (GENERATION W) MENTOR
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING SERVICES PROMOTING MENTAL HEALTH:
- COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS
- GUEST BLOGGING
- EVENT PLANNING
- EVENT MARKETING AND PROMOTION
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTATION
- CORPORATE WORKSHOPS
- HIGH SCHOOL/MIDDLE SCHOOL WORKSHOPS (see below)
All programs are customized to suit the needs of your particular organization, group or audience. For fees*, travel and expense costs or other questions, please contact us by CLICKING HERE.
PROGRAMS OFFERED THROUGH NAMI AND MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID ARE FREE.
NAMI : ENDING THE SILENCE
- We are certified presenters for NAMI’s Ending the Silence program (description below). Want to see this 50 min presentation in your classroom. Let us know and we will be happy to put you in touch with our local NAMI affiliate.
Helping middle and high schoolers understand mental illness makes a big difference. We can teach them about the warning signs for themselves and their friends. NAMI Ending the Silence helps raise awareness and change perceptions around mental health conditions. Through this free classroom presentation, students get to see the reality of living with a mental health condition. During the 50-minute presentation, a young adult living with mental illness and a family member tell their stories about mental health challenges, including what hurt and what helped. (www.nami.org)
- We are certified Peer-to-Peer instructors. Interested in taking the 10 week course? Let us know and we will be more than happy to help you contact our NAMI affiliate. (available to individuals with a mental health disorder. Looking for family support? Check out NAMI’s Family-to-Family program)
FREE 10-session educational program for adults with mental illness who are looking to better understand their condition and journey toward recovery. Taught by a trained team of people who’ve been there, the program includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises. Everything is confidential, and NAMI never recommends a specific medical therapy or treatment approach. (www.nami.org)
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
- As one of the 1 in a million certified in Mental Health First Aid, we are thrilled to have this certification.
Mental Health First Aid is an international program proven to be effective. Peer-reviewed studies published in Australia, where the program originated, show that individuals trained in the program:
- Grow their knowledge of signs, symptoms and risk factors of mental illnesses and addictions.
- Can identify multiple types of professional and self-help resources for individuals with a mental illness or addiction.
- Increase their confidence in and likelihood to help an individual in distress.
- Show increased mental wellness themselves.
Studies also show that the program reduces the social distance created by negative attitudes and perceptions of individuals with mental illnesses. A list of all Mental Health First Aid studies and academic reviews from around the world is available here. (http://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org)