- There are currently over 450 mental health disorders
- 1 in 4 adults will experience a mental health disorder in their lifetime. Yep! That’s 25% of the population
- 1 in 5 children will experience a mental health disorder. Most mental health disorders begin to show signs in young adulthood
- There are currently numerous methods of treatment including:
- Medication (psychiatry)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (retraining your brain how to think)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Diet Changes
- Exercise, Yoga, and Pilates
- and many more (see HOPE)
- Many people use 1, 2 or more therapies combined for treatment.
- Often times its a lot of trial and error with medications and therapy. Not all meds are fit one mold and not all therapists click with each client. Don’t give up!
- A mental health disorder can last a few weeks, months, or a lifetime but they are highly treatable.
***We are not doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, or therapists. If you are looking for a diagnosis or experiencing symptoms, please contact your physician or licensed mental health care worker. We are just here to help, love, and advocate***